The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Puerto Rico Revisited

No I didn't travel to Puerto Rico again, or once for that matter. I reconnected with Javier from The Bench to make another trade for some Puerto Rican players I needed. I am splitting up the trade into past and current players.

Juan Beniquez 1987 Donruss #371

Beniquez definitely keeps up with the Latin ballplayer tradition of being difficult to track down when their career ends. There is no good address for him and unless you live in PR, he is invisible. Javier seems to be able to track down all past players in the entire country and I will try to get as many needs met as I can. He played one full season of his 18 year career in Baltimore, rotating between the outfield and corner infield positions. He hit an even .300 during the 1986 campaign, with 36 runs batted in. He was never a power player but was solid and consistent. I am hoping to reach out to Javier to have his and other players Crown cards signed for my collection.

Raul Casanova 1998 Pacific #84

Casanova had one of the shortest tenures in Baltimore, totalling two games and a sole at-bat. He recorded a strikeout in that lone plate appearance. His career started well in Detroit and the Milwaukee but after 2002 he struggled to stay in the Major Leagues. At last check Casanova was playing in the Mexican League for the Broncos De Reynosa. His signing habits leave a little to be desired, he is just tough to track down. TTM is out of the question so an in person autograph is all he has out there, and nothing as an Oriole.

In return for my needs I traded Rick Dempsey, Terry Kennedy and Mike Devereaux doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment