The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Last Ever?

It was just brought to my attention today that Billy Loes passed away on July 15th of this year. Billy had been fighting illness and Diabetes this last year with his health declining each day. He will be missed dearly and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

On July 3rd, I received my success from Mr. Loes and have to wonder if it was the last card he signed. Either way, this autograph means a lot to me. I didn;t know his health was in such decline and taking the time to sign for me does mean a lot.

Thank you Billy, for all the joy you brought to thousands of fans, including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment