The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Coming Home With A Tough One

Glenn Davis has been eluding autograph hounds for years and myself on multiple occasions. He has denied me from his home address and I received a nice litte RTS when I tried him at work. Apparently City Council members don't like it when you bug them at the office for autographs. Go figure. If I hadn't picked this baby up at the National I was going to try and track him down at the hotel he owns. I get to save on postage.

Glenn Davis 1992 Topps #190

In Baltimore, Davis will always be remembered for limited production and the depletion of our farm system. The Orioles traded Curt Schilling, Steve Finley and Pete Harnish for this two-time all-star. It didn't work out so well. Davis hit .247 with 25HR during his three seasons here. Not what we expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment