The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, June 18, 2010

This week has been chock full of typing, just not blogging. I had to prepare for three different interviews for work. My company rewards hard work, dedication and good sales numbers by making you prepare operational plans for your interview. This is not normally such a bad thing, but when you are interviewing for three different positions on the same day there is a ton of writing to do. All told, my three operational plans garnered a collective three minutes of attention. Oh well, I was still offered the position I wanted best.

With all the work I had to put in after my 11 hour workday, that left little time for blogging. Normally that would not be a problem since my mailbox had been empty most days, but I received four more cards this week.

I upgraded my Crown collection with Ken Dixon via trade and Pete Stanicek TTM.

Ken Dixon 1991 Orioles Crown #108

In order to get this bad boy I gace up a 1987 Topps Rich Bordi, and was happy to do so. Dixon has eleuded me on this card a few times and it's nice to have pinned him down. I have his 1987 Donruss #171 if anyone needs.

Pete Stanicek 1991 Orioles Crown #433

This is one of my longer returns thus far, 150 days. The first time I sent to him took about two weeks and I started to worry a little that my card was lost. It's nice to be proven wrong every once in a while. Now available 1989 Topps #497

Sal Fasano 1997 Score #70

Keeping the doubles theme goin I got Sal back from a 50/50 trade that involved me giving up nothing. Not a bad trade. However, I grabbed an autograph of Sallly from my brother so this one is available. I appreciate the thought.

Keith Shepherd 1993 Topps #447

Shepherd was a journeyman pitcher who played in 11 different organizations, spending four seasons in the major leagues. His rookie season in 1992 showed a lot of promise but fell off after that. His last major league appearance came with our club in 1996. I can't cross him off the list completely because he does have a minor league card as a Rochester Red Wing. He is a tough autograph to find, as there is no address on record and no successes to speak of. Signing in pen is not my first choice but with a guy this difficult to find I am happy with the edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment