The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Sunday, February 2, 2014

FanFest 2014 Recap

Sorry for my bitching and my mini rant last week about FanFest.  I was expecting to have a crappy day full of denials and wasted time.  I was very much in the wrong. 

I am working on more in depth posts, so for now, here are the stats.  I was able to cross two names off the list, upgraded seven players, pulled in 15 autos of minor leaguers and new acquisitions, while still hauling in 13 to trade.

All told, 37 autographs for a whopping total cost of $40.  That includes the price of admission, food, parking and cards I bought prior to the event.  Big fan of how everything turned out.

I had a great time meeting up with a few graphers from sportsgraphing.com.  J-Orioles, Scoreset, CalRipken8 and finflash, plus others, all made it a great day.  I look forward to making some trades and adding a few more postcards to my collection.

Stay tuned for the pictures and details.

4 comments:

  1. Great haul... can't wait to see what players you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have met up. I was scrambling around for most of the day, but we had a really good haul; an overview will be posted on my blog shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good day looking forward to seeing what you got. Did you have any tables? Guess I'll see that on your detail post. Thanks, Dion

    ReplyDelete