The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Holy Cow!

I love the Orioles and watching my team play this year has made me a worse blogger.  I care about each game, pitch and off the field move more than flagging down an autograph.  Can you blame me?

This team is amazing.  I stress team.  No player in contention for MVP.  No Cy Young candidate.  Maybe one or two reluctant Rookie of the Year votes for Wei-Yin Chen.  Three Gold Gloves?  Nothing spectacular.

Just damn good baseball.

Tonight was no different. Jason Hammel pitched a helluva game coming off the DL.  The offense was potent.  Then the bullpen forgot how to throw strikes.  Blowing a five run lead in the eighth.  The Orioles charged back.  Three BOMBS in the bottom of the eighth told the Yankees to shove it.  Adam Jones and Chris Davis told the Yankees to shove it.   I tell the Yankees to shove it.

Mark Reynolds definitely tells the Yankees to shove it. Six times.

Eight home runs in his last seven games overall.  Six home runs in his last four games against New York.  Three, 2 homer games in the last week against the Evil Empire.  He started the last weekend series with 12 homers, finished today with 20.  Straight beast.

Go Birds.

Now I should probably finish my Operational Plan for my interview tomorrow.

1 comment: