The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Monday, May 14, 2012

One Of A Kind

Xavier Avery has had a very solid campaign in Norfolk this season with much speculation about his being promoted.  The poor play of Endy Chavez and the nagging back of Nolan Reimold landed him in the big leagues. 

He had an auspicious start to his big league career, taking the collar in four at-bats, but has rebounded mightily.  A single, triple and RBI against the Yankees is a good way to make a mark on the box score.

Xavier Avery 2008 Tristar Prospects Plus Farm Hands Purple Autographs 1/1 #FHXA

There are not a ton of certified autographs in my collection and very few numbered ones, so this card stands alone.  I traded for this bad boy a few years back and all I had to give up was some Mets inserts, I think.  So long ago, who can remember?  I am guessing I will continue to try and snag an IP or TTM of Avery in the future.  If/when that happens, hopefully I can get something nice in return for this 1/1.


**Note: Avery's stats are as of 9:56pm when this old man went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment