The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Didn't Know It Existed

Greg Aquino Orioles Postcard

Beckett, my go to in these situations, never listed Aquino as appearing on a card as an Oriole. Liars. This is a card, a postcard, and he is clearly pictured as an Oriole. It's not even a staged photo op or doctored photo shop picture. This is a real deal pitch thrown by Greg Aquino on the postcard. How do I know? The blurry umpire, that's how.

This postcard came over from Austin, the hardest working, or at least earliest rising Orioles grapher around. He was in line at 5am for FanFest. Craziness. If you don't believe me, look here. He got there before security.

All I had to do was release my Ryan Flaherty 2011 Topps Heritage Minor league card. Easy.

The Aquino is an upgrade for me. If anyone needs a signed 2003 Donruss The Rookies card of Aquino as a Diamond Back, let me know. Card #14.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Greg Aquino postcard - gotta love the obscure Orioles!

    If you need any others, there's a bunch of rare names here on eBay at pretty good pricing - guys like Melvin Mora, Jackie Brandt, Jay Payton, and two different Jake Arrieta poses...along with the more popular Wieters, Markakis, etc.

    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=orioles+postcard+fanfest&_sacat=51&LH_Auction=1&_odkw=orioles+postcard&_osacat=51&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that Beckett never lists these postcards, since they are produced by the team and not available for purchase on a large scale. This checklist page lists all the O's who appeared on postcards through the early 2000s at least.
    http://www.teamsets4u.com/teamchecklist/orioles.html

    ReplyDelete