The Quest

The Baltimore Orioles have been in town since '54 and have had over 900 men don their uniform. My goal is to obtain a signed card of each player. If you have something I need, or see something you want, don't be shy, we can make a deal.

Collection Statistics

Total Players 877/977 = 89.25%
1991 Orioles Crown Set
Total Players 309/465 = 66.45%
Alive Players 274/369 = 74.25

Friday, January 21, 2011

Third Straight Day

This must be some sort of record or something. At least for the last few months. My mailbox yielded yet another success, Storm Davis. Like his predecessors, Storm came as an upgrade to the Orioles Crown set. I am a little disappointed in the signature though, take a look.

Storm Davis 1991 Orioles Crown #97

His signature feels a little squished. There seems to be enough space to sign. I think he wanted to make sure he didn't cover his face and the thick sharpie held him back. I was hoping for something more like this:

Storm Davis 1984 Topps #140

I consider this to be a masterpiece. The sharpie or staedtler is perfect (and blue) and looks awesome on the card. I know what you are thinking, "stop being an autograph diva." Done.

Again, like my previous two successes, just over a week return and another name to cross off the Crown list. Keeping true to my collection goals, I will be holding on to the Crown card and the beautiful 1984 Topps card is on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment